To apply for a visa, the passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of intended departure.
Types of Visa and their Cost:
|Transit (7 days)||US $70.00|
|3 months single entry from date of issue||US $100.00|
|6 months multiple entry from date of issue||US $220.00|
|One year multiple entry from date of issue||US $300.00|
- 2 Visa Application Forms
- 2 Passport-size photos
- Fees can be paid by money order, bank-certified check or cash (the embassy will not accept personal checks as a form of payment)
- Onward ticket
- Valid passport (at least six months before expiry date with enough unused pages)
- Copy of a letter from the applicant’s organization or invitation letter.
- Copy of sponsor’s residential status in Malawi (i.e. Permit or Malawi Passport if Malawian)
- Return prepaid envelope addressed to the applicant
- Application and all required documents MUST be sent in DUPLICATE to the consular section at the embassy.
- In most cases, applications will be processed in 5 working days. However, for nationals of India, Nigeria, Bangladesh, China, Burundi, Rwanda and Pakistan, applications may take up to 4 weeks.
- Drop-off time: 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. from Mondays to Thursdays.